Through the efforts of the Halifax Harbour Safety committee comprised of; Develop Nova Scotia, Sail Nova Scotia, Port of Halifax, Halifax Regional Police, Coast Guard, Transport Canada and Metro Yacht/Sailing Clubs, we are proud to present a new Halifax Boating Guide. The new 2 page guide provides helpful information for all recreational boaters who use the Harbour, Northwest Arm, and Bedford Basin such as:
- Low-Wake areas
- Services Available and where (Dockage, fuel, pump out etc.)
- Contact information for Metro Yacht Clubs
- VHF channels to monitor and Emergency contact info
- Speed restricted areas such as downtown waterfront and NWA
- Hazard areas to avoid
- Other helpful information for all boaters
We hope to distribute hard copies this spring so look for copies at your yacht club.
Wishing everyone a safe boating season in 2021!